Upload your photo here.
Teriyaki Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
- Soak plank in enough water to cover for at least 1 hour before grilling; drain.
- For marinade, in a small bowl stir together pineapple juice, 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Place salmon in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour pineapple mixture over salmon; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around edge of grill. Place the plank on the grill rack directly over the coals for 5 minutes or until plank smokes and crackles. Remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade. Place salmon, skin side down, on plank. Sprinkle salmon with remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Place plank in center of grill rack. Lightly coat pineapple, onion, and jalapeno with nonstick cooking spray. Place around outside edge of grill rack over coals. Cover and grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, turning pineapple, onion, and pepper once halfway through grilling. Lightly sprinkle salmon with ground black pepper. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust heat for indirect cooking. Place plank on grill rack over heat for 5 minutes or until smoking and crackling. Place salmon on plank. Place plank over unlit side of grill and pineapple, onion, and jalapeno over heat; grill as above.)
- Slightly cool pineapple, red onion, and jalapeno. For salsa, chop pineapple and onion; transfer to a medium bowl. Remove stem and seeds from jalapeno; finely chop. Add to pineapple mixture and toss to coat. Serve salmon with pineapple salsa.
From the Test Kitchen
*Handling Hot Peppers
Because hot chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid contact with chiles as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
Test Kitchen Tip
Nutrition Facts (Teriyaki Salmon with Pineapple Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 337 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 78 mg chol.,
- 584 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 28 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet