Teriyaki Pork with Asian Slaw
- Trim fat from meat. Coat an extra-large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium-high heat. Cook meat in hot skillet until brown on all sides. Transfer meat to a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, oil, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board, reserving cooking liquid. Cut meat into 1/2-inch slices.
- To serve, drizzle meat with cooking liquid. If desired, sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with Asian Slaw.
- In a medium bowl combine cabbage, sweet pepper, carrot, pea pods, and green onions. For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine vinegar, canola oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, and black pepper. Cover and shake well. Drizzle dressing over cabbage mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts (Teriyaki Pork with Asian Slaw)
- Per serving:
- 239 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 55 mg chol.,
- 731 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet