Walnut Mocha Torte
cups walnuts or pecans, toasted
teaspoons baking powder
Chocolate curls (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottoms of two 8x1-1/2-inch round cake pans with parchment or waxed paper; grease and lightly flour pans. Set pans aside. In a medium bowl combine nuts, flour, and baking powder; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor combine eggs and sugar; cover and blend or process until smooth. Add nut mixture. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Spread batter evenly in the prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched (centers may dip slightly). Cool cake layers on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cake layers from pans. Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
- Spread Mocha Frosting on each layer; stack layers. Loosely cover and chill frosted cake for 2 to 24 hours. If desired, top with chocolate curls.
- Makes 8 servings
teaspoon instant coffee crystals
cup whipping cream
- Mocha Frosting: In a chilled small mixing bowl dissolve instant coffee crystals in whipping cream; add sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed just until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
Nutrition Facts(Walnut Mocha Torte)
- Per serving:
- 455 kcal cal.,
- 34 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 15 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 147 mg chol.,
- 122 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 27 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet