- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 7 cups apples and/or pears, peeled, if desired, cored, and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 17 1/4 ounce package puff pastry (1 sheet)
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
1. Combine apple and/or pear slices and lemon juice in mixing bowl. Combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add to fruit mixture, toss to coat. Set aside.
2. Roll out puff pastry into a 14-inch square. Gently ease rolled pastry into a 10- to 11-inch tart pan, lightly pressing pastry to sides of tart pan and leaving remaining pastry hanging over edge of pan. Brush bottom with beaten egg white. Transfer fruit into pastry-lined tart pan. Dot with butter or margarine. Fold edges of pastry over toward center to partially cover fruit.
3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream, if desired. Makes 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 169,
- Fat, total (g) 8,
- chol. (mg) 3,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 25,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 93,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet