Pecan Cranberry Tart
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare Tart Shells. In medium bowl beat egg whites and whole eggs until combined; set aside.
- In small saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean; add to pan with bean. Bring just to boiling over medium heat. Gradually whisk into egg mixture. With slotted spoon remove and discard vanilla bean.
- Arrange pecan halves and cranberries in cooled tart shells. Pour syrup mixture over.
- Place tarts on large baking sheet. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until filling is set. Makes 2 tarts (10 servings each).
From the Test Kitchen
Bake tart shells 1 day ahead. Wrap; store at room temperature.
- In mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium-high until light. Add powdered sugar and kosher salt; beat 1 minute. Beat in eggs and egg yolks; beat 1 minute more. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough in half. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour. On lightly floured surface, roll each half to 16x6-inch rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Transfer to two 14x5-inch rectangular tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim edges. Chill 1 hour. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown; cool.
Nutrition Facts (Pecan Cranberry Tart)
- Per serving:
- 369 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 88 mg chol.,
- 196 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 27 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet