- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 recipeRich Pastry
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 mediumpear, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup lightly salted pistachio nuts
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons currant jelly, melted
- Lightly salted pistachio nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare Rich Pastry. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four portions.* Use your hands to slightly flatten each portion. Roll each from center to edge into a 6-inch circle. Transfer pastry circles to four ungreased 4-inch fluted individual tart pans that have removable bottoms. Press pastry into sides of tart pans; trim edges. Line each tart shell with a double thickness of foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes more or until pastry is set and dry. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 375 F.For filling::
2. In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until combined. Add cranberries and pear; cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in the 1/3 cup pistachio nuts, the almonds, and vanilla. Spoon filling into tart shells, spreading evenly. Place tart pans on baking sheet.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is bubbly around edges and pastry is golden brown. Carefully brush tops of tarts with melted jelly. Cool in pans on wire rack.
4. Using a small sharp knife, gently loosen edges of crust from sides of pans. Remove tarts from pans. If desired, sprinkle tarts with additional lightly salted pistachio nuts. Makes 12 servings.
- If you prefer, make one large tart instead of four individual tarts. Prepare as directed, except roll dough from center to edge into a 10-inch circle. Transfer to an ungreased 9-inch tart pan that has a removable bottom. Continue as directed, except bake the tart for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated or frozen egg product
- 2 tablespoons cold water
1. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, whole wheat pastry flour or whole wheat flour, and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until pieces are pea-size. In a small bowl, combine refrigerated or frozen egg product, and cold water. Gradually stir egg mixture into flour mixture until all is moistened. (If necessary, stir additional cold water, 1 teaspoon at a time, into flour mixture to moisten.) Shape into a ball.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- Other Carb () 1,
- Fat () 2,
- Carb Choice () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet