- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 17.3 ounce package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1/3 cup peach spreadable fruit or preserves
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped peaches (about 2)
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Thaw and unfold puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Using a floured, 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter or a sharp small knife and a heart pattern, cut pastry into about 45 heart shapes (do not reroll scraps). Place pastry hearts on an ungreased baking sheet.
2. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, store, tightly covered, at room temperature for up to 12 hours.
3. In a small saucepan combine spreadable fruit or preserves and lemon peel. Heat and stir until melted; cool. In a large mixing bowl combine peaches and blueberries. Add spread or preserves mixture and gently toss to combine; set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy.
5. To assemble pastries, with a serrated knife, cut pastry hearts in half horizontally. Spread each of the bottom halves with about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture. Top each with a spoonful of fruit mixture and a pastry top. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 4 hours. Just before serving, lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes about 45 pastries.
- Bake pastry hearts. Cool and store tightly covered up to 12 hours ahead. Assemble pastries, cover and chill for up to 4 hours ahead.