Tangerine Tare-Glazed Grilled Chicken Salad
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Grill: 12 mins
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. For a charcoal or gas grill, place chicken on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling and brushing with Tangerine Tare Glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Spread cabbage on a large serving platter. Cook udon according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain again. In a large bowl combine udon, pea pods, sweet peppers, and tangerines. Add Tangerine Tare Dressing; toss to coat. Spoon udon mixture on top of cabbage.
- For wonton crisps, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut wonton wrappers into 1/2-inch-wide strips. In a small bowl combine wonton strips, sesame oil, and sesame seeds; toss to coat. Spread strips on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Slice chicken crosswise. Arrange chicken slices and wonton crisps on top of salad.
Prepare as directed through Step 2, except do not spoon udon mixture on top of cabbage. Cover and chill chicken, cabbage, and udon mixture separately for up to 24 hours. Prepare wonton crisps as directed in Step 3; cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 24 hours. To serve, spoon udon mixture on top of cabbage and continue as directed in Step 4.
Instead of making Tangerine Tare Glaze and Dressing, use 1/3 cup bottled teriyaki glaze for the glaze and 2/3 cup bottled Asian ginger sesame salad dressing for the dressing. Substitute 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds for the wonton crisps.
- In a small saucepan combine tangerine peel, tangerine juice, soy sauce, green onions, rice wine, sake, sugar, and garlic. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until reduced by half (about 2/3 cup). Strain mixture; discard solids. Remove half of the mixture for glaze. Whisk oil and rice vinegar into the remaining mixture for dressing.
- Per serving:
- 339 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 55 mg chol.,
- 709 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet