Tandoori Spiced Sirloin with Summer Couscous
- Place steaks in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. In a small bowl combine yogurt, mint, lemon juice, garlic, brown sugar, curry powder, paprika, and salt. Pour mixture over steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat steaks. Chill for 1 to 4 hours.
- Remove steaks from marinade (some marinade should be clinging to the steaks). Discard marinade. For a charcoal or gas grill, grease grill rack. Place steaks on the rack of a covered grill. Grill until desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. Allow 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160 degrees F). Thinly slice steaks and serve with Summer Couscous.
- In a small saucepan bring water to boiling. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- In a medium bowl combine couscous, tomato, cucumber, summer squash, parsley, garbanzo beans, feta cheese, oil, lemon juice, and cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
From the Test Kitchen
If you like, substitute quinoa for the couscous. Rinse 1/3 cup quinoa well. In a small saucepan bring 2/3 cup water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Drain if neccessary.
Nutrition Facts (Tandoori Spiced Sirloin with Summer Couscous)
- Per serving:
- 665 kcal cal.,
- 41 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 19 g monounsatured fat),
- 127 mg chol.,
- 979 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 41 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet