Tandoori Chicken Wings
- Place the chicken drumettes in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- For tandoori masala, in a blender or food processor combine tomato sauce, yogurt, onion, coriander, garlic, ginger, salt, cumin seeds, garam masala, cayenne pepper (if desired), food coloring, and cloves. Cover and blend or process to form a very smooth paste (the color should be deep red).
- Pour tandoori masala over chicken; turn chicken to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange chicken in a single layer on the unheated rack of a large broiler pan. (If necessary, bake and broil the chicken in batches.) Bake for 25 minutes. Turn oven to broil. Broil chicken 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pieces just start to blacken, turning once halfway through broiling. Serve chicken with Raita.
From the Test Kitchen
If you can't find chicken drumettes, use 25 chicken wings. Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings or reserve for making broth. Cut wings at joints to form 50 pieces.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, tomato, cucumber, parsley, garlic.
Nutrition Facts (Tandoori Chicken Wings)
- Per serving:
- 327 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 146 mg chol.,
- 483 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet