Orange-Honey Sweet Rolls
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add dry milk, the 1/3 cup butter, 1/3 cup honey, eggs, wheat germ, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Add 2 cups of the white whole wheat flour. Beat on low to medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in remaining white whole wheat flour and as much of the bread flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining bread flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (about 6 minutes). Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface of the dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, cover raisins with cold water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well. In a medium bowl, whisk together the 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup honey and orange peel until creamy and well combined.
- Roll dough into an 18x15-inch rectangle. Spread the butter-honey mixture to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle with raisins. Roll up rectangle, starting from a long side. Seal seams. Slice roll into 15 pieces. Arrange, cut sides down, in prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool for 1 minute. Carefully invert rolls onto a wire rack. Cool slightly. Invert again onto a serving platter. Drizzle with Orange Icing.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and finely shredded orange peel. Stir in enough orange juice to reach drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-Honey Sweet Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 346 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 48 mg chol.,
- 241 mg sodium,
- 61 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet