Monkey Bread Rolls
34 1/2 ounce package frozen cinnamon sweet roll dough or frozen orange sweet roll dough (6 rolls)
cup chopped pecans
cup butter or margarine, melted
cup caramel-flavored ice cream topping
tablespoon maple-flavored syrup
- Place frozen rolls about 2 inches apart on a large greased baking sheet. (Discard frosting packets or reserve for another use.) Cover rolls with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight to let dough thaw and begin to rise.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups. Divide pecans evenly among muffin cups; set aside.
- Cut each roll into four pieces. Dip each roll piece in melted butter, then roll in sugar. Place two dough pieces into each prepared muffin cup. Drizzle rolls with any remaining melted butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar. In a small bowl stir together ice cream topping and syrup; drizzle over rolls.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 1 minute. Invert onto a larger platter. Cool slightly. Serve warm. Makes 12 rolls.
Nutrition Facts(Monkey Bread Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 252 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 11 mg chol.,
- 373 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 8 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet