- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 1/4 - 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed, cooked potato*
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Cream Cheese Icing
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast; set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat and stir milk, mashed potato, the 1/3 cup butter, the granulated sugar, and salt just until warm (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F) and butter almost melts; add to flour mixture along with the eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface of dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (45 to 60 minutes).
3. Punch dough down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease a foil roasting pan; set aside. For filling, in a bowl, stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
4. Roll dough into an 18x12-inch rectangle. Spread the 1/4 cup butter over dough and sprinkle with filling, leaving 1 inch unfilled along one of the long sides. Roll up rectangle, starting from the filled long side. Pinch dough to seal seams. Slice rolled rectangle into 12 equal pieces. Arrange in prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; drizzle with Cream Cheese Icing; cool completely.
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach spreading consistency.