Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls
- In a bowl combine yeast and 1/4 cup warm water (about 115 degrees F). Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in milk, molasses, 1/4 cup brown sugar, the egg, oil, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Stir in as much flour as you can. Turn dough out onto floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour for moderately soft, smooth, elastic dough (5 minutes). Shape in ball. Place in greased bowl; turn once. Cover; let rise until double (1 hour). Punch down. Turn onto lightly floured surface. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch pan. For filling, in bowl combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Roll dough to 12x8-inch rectangle. Spread butter on dough. Sprinkle filling to within 1 inch along one long side. Roll up, beginning at long side of filling. Pinch to seal. Cut 12 slices. Place in pan. Cover; let rise until nearly double (45 minutes).
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and set. Let stand 5 minutes; invert onto platter. Drizzle with Glaze. To serve, top with sugared cranberries. Makes 12 rolls.
From the Test Kitchen
For sugared cranberries, roll frozen cranberries in sugar.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir in enough of the milk to make a glaze of drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 332 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 26 mg chol.,
- 136 mg sodium,
- 64 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 32 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet