- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 - 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packagefast-rising active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 recipeCream Cheese Icing (see recipe below)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour and yeast. In small saucepan, combine milk, water, the 1/2 cup sugar, oil, and salt. Heat; stir over medium heat till just warm (120 degree F to 130 degree F).
2. Add milk mixture and egg yolks to dry mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl often. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
3. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough thats smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes). Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
4. Roll out dough to form a 14x12-inch rectangle. Spread with softened butter or margarine. Sprinkle with a mixture of 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.
5. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting from long side. Seal seam. Slice into 12 pieces. Place in greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Cover; let rise in warm place till nearly doubled (20 minutes).
6. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly; remove from pan. Frost warm rolls with Cream Cheese Icing. Serve rolls warm or cool on a wire rack. Makes 12 rolls.
- 1 3 ounce packagecream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter or margarine, vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in milk. Gradually add powdered sugar until icing is spreading consistency.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 427,
- Fat, total (g) 20,
- chol. (mg) 62,
- carb. (g) 58,
- sodium (mg) 188,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet