package active dry yeast
tablespoons butter, melted
cup chopped walnuts
teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups of the flour and the yeast. Set aside. In a small saucepan, heat and stir the milk, the 1/4 cup sugar, the 1/4 cup butter, and the salt just until warm (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F) and butter almost melts. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; add egg. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease the surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1-1/2 hours).
- Grease baking sheet; set aside. Punch down dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll out to a 20x10-inch rectangle. Brush with the 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup sugar, the chopped walnuts, and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over dough. Starting from a long side, roll up dough into a spiral. Evenly cut into eight slices.
- Being careful not to cut all the way through, snip or cut each slice into quarters. Place slices, seam sides down, 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet; spread each slightly to form a fan. Cover; let rise in a warm place until almost double in size (30 to 45 minutes). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If desired, brush rolls with water and sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake rolls in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm. Makes 8 rolls.
Nutrition Facts(Cinnamon Fantans)
- Per serving:
- 334 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 51 mg chol.,
- 372 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet