Apricot-Almond Breakfast Pastries
- Prepare and chill the Sour Cream Danish Dough as directed.
- For filling, in a food processor bowl combine the almonds, the 3 tablespoons sugar, and the honey. Cover and process until the almonds are ground and the mixture begins to form a ball. (if mixture seems dry, add 1 teaspoon water.) Divide into 8 equal portions and roll each on lightly floured surface to a 3-1/2-inch circle. Cover and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough about 1/8 inch thick. Cut eight 4-1/2-inch circles. Cut the pastry scraps into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Beat egg and water using a fork; use to brush top edges of pastry circles. Arrange the pastry strips around the top edge of each pastry circle, trimming as needed. Place pastry circles on an ungreased baking sheet. Place almond circle in center of each pastry circle.
- Place the softened cream cheese in a small plastic food storage bag. Snip off one corner of the bag and pipe cream cheese in dots over almond mixture. In a small bowl combine dried apricots and preserves. Spoon over the cream cheese. Brush the pastry-strip edges of the circles with egg mixture and sprinkle lightly with the 4 teaspoons sugar. Sprinkle the preserves with almonds.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven about 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from baking sheets; cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 8 pastries.
Nutrition Facts (Apricot-Almond Breakfast Pastries)
- Per serving:
- 689 kcal cal.,
- 47 g fat
- (24 g sat. fat,
- 126 mg chol.,
- 406 mg sodium,
- 60 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet