- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 - 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 14 1/2 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups mashed, cooked sweet potato
- croutons (optional)
- plain yogurt (optional)
- green onion, chopped (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan cook onions and carrots in olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in curry powder; cook 1 minute more. Add chicken broth and cayenne pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in orange juice and mashed, cooked sweet potato; heat through.
4. With an immersion blender, puree to desired consistency. Add salt to taste. Top each serving with purchased croutons, plain yogurt and snipped fresh cilantro, if desired.