Sweet Potato Soup with Curried Cheese Crisps
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Scrub potatoes then pierce in several places with tip of knife. Place potatoes in microwave oven. Cook on 100 percent power (high) for 10 minutes or until tender, turning once halfway through cooking. Carefully halve potatoes lengthwise. Hold with an oven mitt, then scoop flesh into a food processor. Add onions and half of the broth to food processor. Cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer pureed mixture to a large saucepan. Add remaining broth and the cream. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Stir in 3/4 teaspoon of the curry powder and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, for cheese crisps, lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray or cover baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl toss together cheese and the remaining curry powder. Evenly divide cheese into eight mounds, 2 inches apart, on baking sheet; flatten mounds slightly. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown around edges. Cool slightly. Remove from baking sheet with a metal spatula. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Serve cheese crisps with soup.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Potato Soup with Curried Cheese Crisps)
- Per serving:
- 416 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 97 mg chol.,
- 737 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet