Sweet Potato-Pecan Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and the 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Beat in mashed sweet potato.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add flour mixture to sweet potato mixture, beating until combined.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake about 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar, maple syrup, and the 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla until combined. Spread frosting over cookies. Top each cookie with a pecan half.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze unfrosted cookies for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw cookies, if frozen. Frost cookies as directed. Top each cookie with a pecan half.
Nutrition Facts(Sweet Potato-Pecan Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 109 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 15 mg chol.,
- 111 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet