Sweet Peppers Stuffed with Applewood Bacon Risotto
- In a large saucepan cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings in saucepan. Set bacon aside. Cook onion in reserved drippings until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Carefully stir in broth and wine. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in bacon and peas. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cheese. If desired, season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cut tops off small peppers or halve large peppers lengthwise. Remove membranes and seeds.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spoon risotto mixture into peppers. Place in a shallow baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake peppers, covered, for 30 to 45 minutes or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Peppers Stuffed with Applewood Bacon Risotto)
- Per serving:
- 235 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 13 mg chol.,
- 392 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet