- Makes: 10 servings
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Start to Finish: 40 mins
Sweet Pea Ricotta Bruschetta
cups fresh or frozen shelled peas
cup vegetable oil
cup ricotta cheese
ounces soft goat cheese (chevre), crumbled
Freshly ground black pepper
ounces baguette-style French bread, sliced into twenty 1/2-inch-thick pieces
large clove garlic, halved
small radishes, cut into thin strips (optional)
Pea shoots (optional)
- Finely shred peel from lemon and juice lemon; set aside. In a medium saucepan, bring water to boiling. Add peas and sugar. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer for 2 to 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl of ice water to cool. Drain well. Add peas, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the lemon juice, and mint to a food processor. Cover and process until smooth (mixture should be the consistency of hummus; add a little warm water, if needed). Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together lemon peel, ricotta, and goat cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush bread slices with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Toast in a grill pan or under the broiler, turning once. Rub each warm bread slice with cut side of garlic.
- To assemble, spread ricotta mixture over each slice of bread and top with pea mixture. If desired, garnish with radishes and pea shoots.
From the Test Kitchen
Transfer pea mixture and ricotta mixture to separate storage containers. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Let pea mixture stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving; stir before topping bruschetta.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Pea Ricotta Bruschetta)
- Per serving:
- 210 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 15 mg chol.,
- 278 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet