Sweet 'n' Sticky Chicken
- If desired, remove skin from chicken. For rub, in a small bowl stir together oregano, thyme, garlic salt, onion powder, and pepper. Sprinkle the rub evenly over chicken; rub in with your fingers.
- In a smoker arrange preheated coals, wood chunks, and water pan according to the manufacturer's directions. Pour water into pan. Place chicken on the grill rack over water pan. Cover and smoke for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until juices run clear (180 degrees F). Add additional coals and water as needed to maintain temperature and moisture.
- Remove chicken from smoker. Generously brush some of the warm Sweet 'n' Sticky Barbecue Sauce over smoked chicken. Pass remaining sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
For the most smoke production, soak wood chunks in enough water to cover for at least 1 hour before grilling. Drain wood chunks before using.
Sweet n Sticky Barbecue Sauce
- In a small saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in chili sauce, pineapple juice, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and honey. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet 'n' Sticky Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 535 kcal cal.,
- 29 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 186 mg chol.,
- 725 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 43 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet