Sweet Corn Risotto With Basil and Bacon
slices bacon (not maple-flavor)
cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
cups arborio rice
ears fresh sweet corn, kernels cut from cobs (2 cups)
cup packed fresh basil leaves cut into thin strips
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring broth to boiling; reduce heat to simmer.
- Add onion to reserved drippings in skillet; cook and stir over medium heat about 4 minutes or until tender. Add wine; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in rice.
- Transfer rice mixture to a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in broth, corn, and salt.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring once. Stir in butter.
- Top with crumbled bacon and basil. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts(Sweet Corn Risotto With Basil and Bacon)
- Per serving:
- 395 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 23 mg chol.,
- 797 mg sodium,
- 59 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet