Sweet and Spicy Edamame-Beef Stir-Fry
ounces beef sirloin steak
teaspoons canola oil
teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
cups fresh broccoli florets
cup red and/or yellow sweet pepper strips
cup frozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame)
tablespoons hoisin sauce
tablespoons rice vinegar
teaspoon red chile paste
cups hot cooked brown or white rice
- If desired, partially freeze beef for easier slicing. Trim fat from meat. Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips. Set beef aside.
- In a nonstick wok or large skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the canola oil over medium-high heat. Add ginger; cook and stir for 15 seconds. Add broccoli and sweet pepper to wok. Cook and stir about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from wok.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to wok. Add beef and edamame; cook and stir about 2 minutes or until beef is desired doneness. Return vegetables to wok.
- In a small bowl combine hoisin sauce, vinegar, and chile paste. Add to beef mixture, tossing to coat. Heat through. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts(Sweet and Spicy Edamame-Beef Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 340 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 24 mg chol.,
- 262 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet