- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving the juice; set pineapple chunks aside.
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine carrots, onion, water chestnuts, sweet pepper, and celery. Top with pork. In a medium bowl whisk together reserved pineapple juice, the brown sugar, rice vinegar, tomato paste, tapioca, soy sauce, sherry (if desired), garlic, and sesame oil. Pour over all in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- Stir in reserved pineapple chunks. Serve over hot cooked rice. If desired, sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet-and-Sour Pork)
- Per serving:
- 342 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 73 mg chol.,
- 221 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet