Sweet-and-Sour-Glazed Chicken Sausage Bites
tablespoon olive oil
cup finely chopped onion (1 medium)
cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
cloves garlic, minced
12 ounce package apple-Chardonnay, sun-dried tomato, spicy jalapeno, and/or other cooked chicken sausage links, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch slices
cup chili sauce
cup apple jelly
tablespoons soy sauce
teaspoon crushed red pepper
teaspoons cold water
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, sweet pepper, and garlic; cook and stir for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place onion mixture and sausage slices in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl stir together chili sauce, jelly, soy sauce, ginger, and crushed red pepper; pour over mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Set cooker on high-heat setting. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and the cold water. Stir cornstarch mixture into mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes more or until thickened. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Serve with skewers or decorative toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts(Sweet-and-Sour-Glazed Chicken Sausage Bites)
- Per serving:
- 125 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 47 mg chol.,
- 65 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet