Summer Cherry Tomato And Olive Tart
- Prepare No-Fail Tart Crust as directed, except at the end of Step 3 sprinkle dough with pine nuts; press into crust.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl toss tomatoes with olive oil, oregano, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer to baked crust. Bake 15 minutes. Top with goat cheese and olives. Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with oregano.
No-Fail Tart Crust
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. (For nonstick pans preheat oven according to instructions on package.) In a food processor pulse flour, butter, and salt 10 to 20 seconds or until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Do not overprocess.
- In a small bowl whisk together yolks and the water. With processor running, add yolk mixture. Stop as soon as dough just starts to come together, about 5 seconds.
- Crumble to distribute evenly in an 118-inch rectangular tart pan or 11-inch round pan with removable bottom; press into pan. (Or gather dough into a ball; flatten. Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper into a 129-inch rectangle. Transfer dough to pan. Press into corners; trim excess.)
- Using a fork, prick dough all over. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake 12 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. Remove foil. Bake 8 minutes more or until pastry is golden. Let cool completely. Use baked crust to prepare seasonal tarts.
Nutrition Facts (Summer Cherry Tomato And Olive Tart)
- Per serving:
- 419 kcal cal.,
- 28 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 110 mg chol.,
- 648 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet