Parmesan Cheese and Italian Sausage Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 2-quart shallow baking dish; set aside. Spread bread pieces evenly in an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bread is dry, stirring once. Transfer to a very large bowl; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until brown. Drain off fat. Transfer sausage to the bowl.
- In the same skillet, cook onion, celery, thyme, sage, and rosemary in hot oil over medium-high heat until onion and celery are tender. Transfer onion mixture to the bowl. Stir in egg, the 1/2 cup cheese, the currants, parsley, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with enough of the broth to moisten, tossing gently to combine.
- Transfer bread mixture to the prepared baking dish.* Cover and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Or use the bread mixture to stuff a 10- to 12-pound turkey before roasting.
Nutrition Facts (Parmesan Cheese and Italian Sausage Stuffing)
- Per serving:
- 384 kcal ,
- 21 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 63 mg chol. ,
- 875 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 14 g pro.