- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups dry bread cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 - 1 cup chicken broth
1. In a small saucepan, cook and stir celery and onion in hot butter about 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in sage, thyme, and pepper.
2. Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Add celery mixture, pecans, and cranberries. Drizzle with enough of the chicken broth (about 3/4 cup) to moisten, tossing gently.
3. Use to stuff a 16-pound turkey. (Or place stuffing in a greased 3-quart casserole. If you want a moist stuffing, drizzle with remaining chicken broth. Cover and bake in a 325 degree F oven about 45 minutes or until heated through.) Makes 12 to 14 servings.