- Core apples; cut a strip of peel from the top of each apple. Place apples, top sides up, in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine figs, brown sugar, and apple pie spice. Spoon mixture into centers of apples, patting in with a knife or narrow metal spatula. Pour apple juice around apples in cooker. Top each apple with a piece of butter.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Using a large spoon transfer apples to dessert dishes. Spoon some of the cooking liquid over apples. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Stuffed Apples)
- Per serving:
- 200 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 8 mg chol.,
- 31 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ 1247 Days Ago
yummy !!.... pretty healthy
J 1476 Days Ago
I followed the recipe as it reads, except I added a little bit of ginger and forgot to cut the strip off the peel. I only have a 6 quart slow cooker so I added a little bit more apple juice (I used apple cider). I was running out of time, so I cooked it on high for 2.5 hours. When the timer went off and I checked to see if it was done, all I had was apple sauce, no pretty stuffed apples as planned for presentation value. Oh well, it still tasted amazing and was great with a little ice cream. Though next time, I will probably just add sliced apples, since coring them is a nuisance.