- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 medium tart baking apples (such as Granny Smith)
- 1/3 cup snipped dried figs or raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, cut into four pieces
1. Core apples; cut a strip of peel from the top of each apple. Place apples, top sides up, in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl combine figs, brown sugar, and apple pie spice. Spoon mixture into centers of apples, patting in with a knife or narrow metal spatula. Pour apple juice around apples in cooker. Top each apple with a piece of butter.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 hours.
4. Using a large spoon transfer apples to dessert dishes. Spoon some of the cooking liquid over apples. Serve warm.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 200,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 8,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 45,
- fiber (g) 5,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 31,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet