A classic baked apple dessert, only done in a slow cooker. Play around with the spices and dried fruit options until you find your favorite mix.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Slow Cook: 5 hrs (low) or 2-1/2 hours (high)
- Core apples; cut a strip of peel from the top of each apple. Place apples, top sides up, in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine figs, brown sugar, and apple pie spice. Spoon mixture into centers of apples, patting in with a knife or narrow metal spatula. Pour apple juice around apples in cooker. Top each apple with a piece of butter.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 hours.
- Using a large spoon, transfer apples to dessert dishes. Spoon some of the cooking liquid over apples. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Stuffed Apples)
- Per serving:
- 200 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 8 mg chol.,
- 31 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet