- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Chill: 1 hr 15 mins to 24 hrs
cup fresh strawberries, sliced
cup strawberry-flavor soda
tablespoons lime juice
cup whiskey, such as Jack Daniel's
750 milliliter bottle sparkling dry white wine, such as Prosecco, chilled
cups sparkling water, chilled
Sliced fresh strawberries (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup sliced strawberries, soda, lime juice, and sugar. Cover and chill for 1 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally. Slightly crush berries with a muddler or fork. If desired, strain crushed strawberries; discard seeds.
- Transfer strawberry mixture to a pitcher. Stir in whiskey. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, slowly pour sparkling wine and sparkling water into strawberry mixture in pitcher; stir gently to mix. Serve in champagne flutes. If desired, garnish with additional sliced strawberries.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry Smash)
- Per serving:
- 135 kcal cal.,
- 21 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 7 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet