Strawberry Shortcake Scones
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, toss together strawberries and 1 tablespoon flour. In a large bowl combine the 2 1/2 cups flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the egg, ricotta, and 1/4 cup whipping cream. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Add strawberries. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing it for 10 to 12 strokes or until dough is nearly smooth. Pat dough into a 10x4-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise and in sixths crosswise to make 12 rectangles.
- Place rectangles 2 inches apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with additional whipping cream. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake about 16 minutes or until golden brown. Remove scones from baking sheet. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry Shortcake Scones)
- Per serving:
- 227 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 49 mg chol.,
- 238 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Martha Kauppinen 763 Days Ago
Made these for a bridal breakfast shower and they were a big hit. They are easy to make and the ricotta makes them rich and moist! Will definitely make them again.