- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 1 hr 25 mins 375°F
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- For topping, in a medium bowl stir together the flour, turbinado sugar, almonds (if desired), baking powder, and lemon peel. Add melted butter; mix until clumps form. Cover and chill topping while preparing filling.
- For filling, in a very large bowl combine strawberries, rhubarb, raspberries, the granulated sugar, the cornstarch, and salt; toss well to combine. If desired, drizzle Chambord over fruit mixture; toss gently to combine. Transfer filling to prepared baking dish. If using frozen fruit, allow fruit mixture to stand for 45 minutes at room temperature.
- Cover filling with topping. Place baking dish in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake about 1 1/4 hours (1 1/2 hours if using frozen fruit) or until fruit is bubbly in the center and topping is golden. If necessary, cover with foil the last 30 minutes of baking to prevent topping from overbrowning. Serve warm or at room temperature. If desired, serve with creme fraiche.
From the Test Kitchen
Turbinado is a type of raw sugar. It can be found in the baking aisle of most large supermarkets.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry-Raspberry-Rhubarb Crumble)
- Per serving:
- 287 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 20 mg chol.,
- 166 mg sodium,
- 53 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 30 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet