Strawberry Cream Pie
cups fresh strawberries
envelope unflavored gelatin
tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate or frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
slightly beaten egg whites
tablespoon tequila or orange juice
3 ounce package ladyfingers, split
tablespoons orange juice
8 ounce container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
Sliced fresh strawberries (optional)
Fresh mint (optional)
- Place the 2-1/2 cups strawberries in a blender container or food processor. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth. Measure strawberries (you should have about 1-1/2 cups.)
- In a medium saucepan stir together the sugar and gelatin. Stir in the blended strawberries and limeade concentrate. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture bubbles and the gelatin is dissolved. Gradually stir about half of the strawberry mixture into the egg whites. Return mixture to the saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat about 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Do not boil. Pour into a medium bowl; stir in tequila. Chill until mixture mounds when spooned, stirring occasionally (about 2 hours).
- Meanwhile, cut half of the split ladyfingers in half crosswise; stand on end around the outside edge of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom or a 9-inch springform pan. Arrange remaining split ladyfingers in the bottom of the pan. Drizzle the 2 tablespoons orange juice over the ladyfingers.
- Fold whipped topping into strawberry mixture. Spoon into prepared pan. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until set. If desired, garnish with sliced strawberries and mint.
Nutrition Facts(Strawberry Cream Pie)
- Per serving:
- 130 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 39 mg chol.,
- 48 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet