- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Cut each square into 4-inch squares (you should have 18 squares). Spoon 1 teaspoon mascarpone cheese onto center of each pastry square. Top each with 1 teaspoon strawberry jam. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon chopped chocolate. Brush the edges of the squares with egg. Fold the squares in half diagonally to enclose the filling; press edges together with the tines of a fork to seal.
- Place triangles 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Prick tops of triangles with a fork. Brush tops with egg; sprinkle with sliced almonds and coarse sugar.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool slightly. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead:
Prepare as directed through Step 2. Place triangles in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Continue as directed in Step 3.
Recipe halves easily to yield 9 turnovers
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry-Chocolate Turnovers)
- Per serving:
- 234 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 19 mg chol.,
- 82 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet