17.3 ounce package frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets), thawed according to package directions
cup mascarpone cheese or cream cheese, softened
cup strawberry jam
ounces milk chocolate, chopped
egg, lightly beaten
tablespoons sliced almonds
ounces milk chocolate, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Cut each square into 4-inch squares (you should have 18 squares). Spoon 1 teaspoon mascarpone cheese onto center of each pastry square. Top each with 1 teaspoon strawberry jam. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon chopped chocolate. Brush the edges of the squares with egg. Fold the squares in half diagonally to enclose the filling; press edges together with the tines of a fork to seal.
- Place triangles 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Prick tops of triangles with a fork. Brush tops with egg; sprinkle with sliced almonds and coarse sugar.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool slightly. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead:
Prepare as directed through Step 2. Place triangles in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Continue as directed in Step 3.
Recipe halves easily to yield 9 turnovers
Nutrition Facts(Strawberry-Chocolate Turnovers)
- Per serving:
- 234 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 19 mg chol.,
- 82 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet