Stone Fruit Salad with Baked Goat Cheese Coins
ounces semisoft goat cheese (chevre)
tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
5 ounce package mesclun or torn mixed salad greens
cups sliced peaches, nectarines, apricots, and/or pitted dark sweet cherries
medium shallot, thinly sliced
cup sliced almonds, toasted
tablespoons port vinegar, fig vinegar, or balsamic vinegar
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
clove garlic, minced
teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil; set aside.
- For cheese coins, slice goat cheese into eight rounds. In a shallow dish or on waxed paper, combine bread crumbs and rosemary. Dip both sides of cheese rounds into crumb mixture to coat evenly. Using your fingers, press mixture gently onto rounds. Place each round onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until softened and lightly browned. Set aside.
- On a serving platter arrange mesclun. Top with peaches, shallot, almonds, and cheese coins.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine vinegar, olive oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Drizzle dressing over salad.
Nutrition Facts(Stone Fruit Salad with Baked Goat Cheese Coins)
- Per serving:
- 260 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 22 mg chol.,
- 342 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet