Lamb Stew with Pasta
pound lamb or beef stew meat
medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
tablespoons cooking oil
cup snipped dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
teaspoon black pepper
cups sliced fresh mushrooms
9 ounce package frozen cut green beans
cup thinly sliced carrot (2 medium)
cup dried medium bow tie pasta
15 ounce can tomato sauce
- In a large saucepan cook the lamb and onion in hot oil until the meat is brown.
- Stir water, dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper into the saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 45 minutes (or about 1 1/4 hours for beef, if using) or until the meat is nearly tender.
- Stir mushrooms, green beans, carrot, and pasta into meat mixture. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes more or until meat, vegetables, and pasta are tender. Stir in tomato sauce; heat through.
- Makes 4 servings (7 cups)
Nutrition Facts(Lamb Stew with Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 309 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 71 mg chol.,
- 803 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet