Country Bean Stew
- In a large saucepan, combine the 6 cups water and the dry beans. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain beans; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, combine beans and carrots. In a large skillet, cook lamb, sausage, onions, and garlic over medium heat until sausage is brown, breaking up sausage as it cooks. Drain off fat. Transfer meat mixture to cooker. Stir in the 3 cups water, the bouillon granules, thyme, and oregano.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, stir wine into tomato paste; add to mixture in cooker along with ham and parsley. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Country Bean Stew)
- Per serving:
- 470 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 69 mg chol.,
- 732 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 15 g fiber,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet