- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 5 hrs to 12 hrs (low) or 5 to 6 hours (high)
Burgundy Beef Stew
pounds boneless beef chuck pot roast
teaspoon ground black pepper
tablespoons cooking oil (optional)
tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
medium carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
9 ounce package frozen cut green beans
16 ounce package frozen small whole onions (2 cups)
cloves garlic, minced
14 ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth
cup Burgundy wine
slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. If desired, in a large skillet cook meat, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat until brown. Drain off fat.
- Place meat in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with tapioca. Stir in carrots, green beans, onions, and garlic. Pour broth and Burgundy over meat mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours. Sprinkle each serving with crumbled bacon. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Burgundy Beef Stew)
- Per serving:
- 317 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 95 mg chol.,
- 601 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 37 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBeef Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Cocktail Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Drink Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Pork Recipes, Slow Cooker Beef Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, Soup Recipes, Stew and Chowder Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes