Spring Roll with Lime Aioli
- For Spring Roll Filling, in a colander in the sink, sprinkle cabbage with salt; toss to combine. Let stand about 1 hour to wilt. Rinse several times with cold water; drain well. Squeeze out any excess water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 1/2 cup water, tamari, rice vinegar, mirin, garlic, sugar and chile paste. Add cabbage, carrot, cucumber, zucchini, and green onions. Transfer to a glass jar or bowl, pouring liquid over vegetables. Place in refrigerator or cool dark place for at least 1 hour (24 hours is optimal).
- For Lime Aioli, in a bowl mix together mayonnaise, chile paste, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- For Spring Rolls, drain pickled vegetables well. Place 2 or 3 pieces cilantro and basil in center of each softened wrapper. Place a line of pickled vegetables. Tightly roll each wrapper tucking in edges to seal completely. Bias -slice rolls and serve with aioli. Makes 12 to 15 spring rolls (about 12 servings).
From the Test Kitchen
Spring Rolls can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours prior to serving.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients; cover and store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts (Spring Roll with Lime Aioli)
- Per serving:
- 201 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 7 mg chol.,
- 1073 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet