- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
Spring Chicken Soup
pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
Salt and ground black pepper
tablespoon olive oil
ounces baby carrots with tops, trimmed and halved lengthwise
12 ounce jar chicken gravy
tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
heads baby bok choy, quartered
Snipped fresh lemon thyme (optional)
- Finely shred peel from lemon; set peel aside. Juice lemon and set juice aside. Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat; add chicken. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is brown, turning occasionally.
- Add carrots, gravy, and the water to Dutch oven. Stir in mustard. Bring to boiling. Place bok choy on top. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (180 degrees F) and vegetables are just tender. Add lemon juice to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with lemon peel and lemon thyme.
Nutrition Facts (Spring Chicken Soup)
- Per serving:
- 273 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 117 mg chol.,
- 909 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBoneless Chicken, Boneless Chicken Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Chicken Thigh Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Fourth of July Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Soup Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Soup and Chili Recipes