Lemony Pecan-Buttermilk Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan. Set pan aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the cake flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the softened butter with an electric mixer on high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in the 2 cups granulated sugar, vanilla, and lemon oil until fluffy and light, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating 20 to 30 seconds after each addition.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition and starting and ending with flour. Beat just until combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir in lemon peel and the 1/2 cup juice. Stir in pecans. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and the top springs back when touched lightly. Meanwhile, for glaze, in a small saucepan heat and stir the 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cake stand for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto wire cooling rack set over a shallow baking pan. Poke holes in the top of the cake with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Spoon glaze over cake. Cool completely. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Lemony Pecan-Buttermilk Cake)
- Per serving:
- 517 kcal cal.,
- 28 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 133 mg chol.,
- 371 mg sodium,
- 61 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 37 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet