Hot Milk Sponge Cake with Tropical Topper
teaspoon baking powder
recipe Lime Syrup with Tropical Fruit
- Let eggs stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9 x 2-inch round cake pan (batter will overflow a shallower pan); set aside.
- In small bowl stir together four and baking powder; set aside. In large bowl beat eggs on high about 4 minutes, until slightly thickened. Gradually add sugar; beat on medium 4 to 5 minutes until pale yellow and thickened. Add flour mixture; beat on low to medium just until combined.
- In small saucepan over low heat stir milk and butter until butter is melted; add to batter, beat to combine. Pour batter in pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack . To serve, cut cake in wedges; top with Lime Syrup with Tropical Fruit. Serve immediately. To store, cover and refrigerate untopped cake. Makes 9 servings.
Lime Syrup with Tropical Fruit
cup lime juice
teaspoons lime peel
cups fruit (mango, papaya, and carambola/star fruit)
- In pan combine lime juice and water with sugar; cook and stir to dissolve sugar. Increase heat; boil gently, uncovered, 3 minutes (don't stir). Cool 5 minutes. Stir in lime peel and fruit (mango, papaya, and carambola/star fruit).
Nutrition Facts(Hot Milk Sponge Cake with Tropical Topper)
- Per serving:
- 253 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 55 mg chol.,
- 81 mg sodium,
- 52 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 39 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet