Angel Food Cake with Tropical Fruits
tablespoons lime juice
green food coloring
cup plain yogurt
of a 16-ounce purchased angel cake or one 10-ounce frozen pound cake, thawed
small red and/or gold papayas, sliced
medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
guava, cut into wedges (optional)
- In a small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk. Cook and stir milk mixture over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat. Cook and stir milk mixture for 2 minutes more. In a small mixing bowl beat egg and egg yolk. Gradually stir about 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture into the beaten egg mixture.
- Return milk and egg mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir until nearly bubbly. Do not boil. Cook and stir mixture for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lime juice, butter, and food coloring. Cover surface of custard with plastic wrap. Cool completely. Fold custard into yogurt. Cover and chill.
- To serve, cut angel cake or pound cake into 8 slices. Place one slice each on 8 dessert plates. Spoon lime custard onto each piece. Top with sliced fruits. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Angel Food Cake with Tropical Fruits)
- Per serving:
- 188 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 113 mg chol.,
- 266 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet