Spinach Salad with Indian-Spiced Garbanzos, Apricots, and Onions
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat. Add garbanzo beans, lemon juice, brown sugar, cumin, garam masala, coriander, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Bring mixture just to a simmer. Remove from heat; cover skillet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, apricots, and red onion. Toss well. Add warm garbanzo bean mixture; toss well to combine.
- Divide mixture among six dinner plates. If desired, garnish with broken pieces of Toasted Pappadams. Serve immediately.
- Preheat broiler to high. Arrange pappadams in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil pappadams 6-inches from heat for 15 to 30 seconds or until they bubble and turn golden on one side. Using tongs, gently turn pappadams; broil about 5 seconds or until bubbly and golden on the other side. Remove pappadams from oven and let cool. Break each pappadam into 5 or 6 pieces.
Nutrition Facts (Spinach Salad with Indian-Spiced Garbanzos, Apricots, and Onions)
- Per serving:
- 339 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 325 mg sodium,
- 53 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 22 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Sandra Taylor 446 Days Ago
omission here?"2ounce cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained"