Spinach Salad with Indian-Spiced Chickpeas, Apricots, and Onion
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat. Add garbanzo beans, lemon juice, brown sugar, cumin, garam masala, coriander, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Return skillet to heat. Bring mixture just to a simmer. Cover skillet and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, apricots, and red onion. Add warm chickpea mixture; toss well to combine.
- Divide salad among serving plates. If desired, garnish with broken pieces of Toasted Pappadams. Serve immediately.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange pappadams in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from heat for 15 to 30 seconds or until bubbly and golden on one side. Using tongs, gently turn pappadams; broil about 5 seconds or until bubbly and golden on the other side. Let cool. Break each pappadam into 5 or 6 pieces.
Nutrition Facts (Spinach Salad with Indian-Spiced Chickpeas, Apricots, and Onion)
- Per serving:
- 339 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 325 mg sodium,
- 53 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 22 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet