- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
Spinach and Cheese Omelet
Nonstick cooking spray
cups refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 8 eggs
tablespoons snipped fresh chives, Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, or chervil
teaspoon cayenne pepper
cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn fresh spinach
recipe Red Pepper Relish
- Coat a 10-inch nonstick skillet with flared side with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, chives, salt, and cayenne pepper. Use rotary beater or wire whisk to beat until frothy. Pour into prepared skillet. Immediately begin stirring the eggs gently but continuously with a wooden or plastic spatula until mixture resembles small pieces of cooked egg surrounded by liquid egg. Stop stirring. Cook for 30 to 60 seconds more or until egg is set but still shiny.
- When egg is set but still shiny, sprinkle with cheese. Top with 1 cup of the spinach and 1/4 cup of the Red Pepper Relish. With a spatula, lift and fold one side of omelet partially over filling. Arrange remaining spinach on warm platter. Transfer omelet to platter. Top with remaining relish.
Red Pepper Relish
tablespoons finely chopped green onion or onion
tablespoon cider vinegar
teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl combine red sweet pepper, green onion, cider vinegar, and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Spinach and Cheese Omelet)
- Per serving:
- 117 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 8 mg chol.,
- 429 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet