Spicy Turkey Lasagna
ounces uncooked 93% lean ground turkey
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
teaspoon crushed red pepper
15 ounce carton light ricotta cheese
cups shredded Italian five-cheese blend
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
cups chunky pasta sauce with mushrooms and green pepper
no-boil lasagna noodles
cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (1 to 2 ounces)
Snipped fresh basil or grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Chunky pasta sauce with mushrooms and green pepper (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet cook ground turkey over medium-high heat until no longer pink, using a wooden spoon to break up turkey as it cooks. Remove from heat. Stir in oregano and crushed red pepper.
- In a large bowl combine ricotta cheese, Italian cheese blend, and spinach.
- To assemble, spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 5-quart oval slow cooker. Top with half of the noodles, breaking and overlapping as necessary to fit. Add half of the turkey mixture, 1 cup of the pasta sauce, and half of the water. Spread half of the cheese mixture over ingredients in cooker. Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3-3/4 hours. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, cut lasagna into eight portions. If desired, sprinkle each serving with basil and serve with additional pasta sauce.
Nutrition Facts(Spicy Turkey Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 391 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 88 mg chol.,
- 768 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet